Let's dive in & learn about your Solar Plexus chakra!
🟡 What does an underactive Solar Plexus Chakra mean? 🟡
The Solar Plexus Chakra is located in the upper abdomen, in the stomach area. It is associated with our personal power, relating to our confidence & self-esteem.
An underactive Solar Plexus Chakra can manifest physically in many ways; eating or digestive disorders, food allergies, diabetes or chronic fatigue. Mentally, stress has the upper hand & we lack energy, unable to think clearly & we can feel powerless.
When the Solar Plexus Chakra is balanced the person will exude confidence without being arrogant, feeling playful, spontaneous & a warmth in their personality. A balanced Solar Plexus allows us to make decisions more easily & meet challenges head on.
There are many ways to balance the Solar Plexus:
- As this chakra is heavily influenced by the element of fire, getting outside in the sun can help restore balance
- Doing a Solar Plexus guided meditation
- Sunbathing (with SPF of course)
- Taking a warm bath with essential oils
If you are going to chill out in a warm bath, use essential oils such as clary sage, juniper or geranium.
Our favourite crystals to work with for a balanced Solar Plexus Chakra are Golden Healer, Tigers Eye, Citrine & Honey Calcite.
🟡 What is an overactive Sacral Chakra? 🟡
The Solar Plexus Chakra is the center of our self-confidence & personal power so an overactive Solar Plexus can manifest as being arrogant, overly aggressive, self-centered, competitive & the need to be right.
Those with an overactive Solar Plexus tend to dominate & suppress others in order to be in control of every situation. In order to heal & balance the Solar Plexus we must find the balance between too much energy & not enough energy.
- We recommend trying a new activity - step outside of your comfort zone & find something that makes you feel good on a consistent basis
- Meditation never fails as a method to restoring balance to your life - practice a Solar Plexus guided meditation
- Repeating positive affirmations throughout the day
- Connecting with the colour yellow, wearing something yellow or eating yellow foods
- Yoga poses that strengthen the abdomen & directly target the Solar Plexus
We recommend using any or all of the following - Golden Healer, Tigers Eye, Citrine & Honey Calcite.
🟡 Meditation Guidance & Affirmations to balance the Solar Plexus Chakra 🟡
Solar Plexus meditation is a powerful practice also known as fire meditation. In the same way that fire turns matter into heat & light, this is where you take what you’ve been given & make the best of it.
🔥 Begin your Solar Plexus meditation by lighting a candle nearby or better yet, meditate in the middle of a circle of lit candles
🧘 Sit on the edge of a cushion or blanket
🔮 Place Golden Healer, Citrine or Honey Calcite nearby
🎼 Play Solar Plexus chakra healing music
✋ Cup your left hand & make a fist with your right hand, extending your thumb up. Place your fist in your left open hand & draw your hands in front of your Solar Plexus
😌 Close your eyes, focus your attention on the practice & begin inhaling & exhaling
👀 As you breathe in & out, imagine your right thumb is a flame. With each inhale you take imagine the flame growing brighter & the warmth spreading around your body
Affirmations to repeat:
- I am confident being my true self
- I release the need to control
- My purpose becomes clear with action
- I am strong & can carry myself through anything
Order your Solar Plexus crystal healing kit here